Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, November 12, 2009

30 Days of Thanks: Alex & His Job

I've decided that for the rest of November I'm going to focus on all the things that I'm thankful for. Of course, I'm borrowing this fantastic idea from a friend who borrowed it from her sister. Why re-invent the wheel, right? I have some catching up to do if I'm going to name something for every day of the month so I'll probably post 2 things a day to catch up and I'd better hop to it. So, today I am thankful for...

Day 1
My Husband

I really do love Alex. There is no doubt that there are days when he drives me absolutely crazy but those moments are far and few between. He is a wonderful companion, a great kisser, absolutely hilarious, so darn handsome, and I can't think of another person that I want by my side for every single major life event and every mundane task. Because of his support and love I have the strength to grow and dream impossible things. With him by my side, my future seems brighter and it's definitely more adventurous.


Day 2
Alex's Job

The seven months that Alex was out of work were indeed trying times filled with perplexing questions and uncertain answers. It is a difficult place to be in when you are waiting and trusting in God to answer a million prayers. I have to say that in the process we grew closer to God, realized the value of saving (we lived off our savings account for six months), and how much our families and friends truly loved us. Alex has since then found a home at the Wichita Country Club as the Director of Food & Beverage Service. The job comes with a unique set of challenges but doesn't everything in life? Through this, God has continued to provide for our needs and even some of our wants (like me going back to school) so for all those little things that add up, for this I am grateful!

No comments: