Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, November 27, 2009

30 Days of Thanks: Unanswered Prayers

Day 27
Unanswered Prayers

There are so many things in my life that I've asked God for that I am extremely grateful that he never answered. Well, I shouldn't say that he didn't answer them it's just that the answer at the time wasn't what I really wanted to hear. It's funny how things work out for a reason. It's funny how we give our hearts to people and things that never deserved our love and attention and devotion but at the same time was totally necessary so that we could finally recognize who and what does. If that makes any sense. I think about all the boys that I've liked that made it into one of my prayers one way or another. I thank God that he didn't answer my little 5 year old request that I would grow up and marry a little boy name Brian and we'd live happily ever after in a mobile home in Florida. True story. I'm happy that God said, "Not yet" when I really wanted to buy that house in Las Vegas. There are many, many other delightful (and some painful) prayers that were never answered for reasons that make sense now only decades later. I am appreciative of the God that loves me enough to say "No" when what I ask for is not in my best interest. I am grateful to have such a loving Heavenly Father that has my back every day, in every situation, and in every request big or small.

No comments: