Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, November 30, 2009

30 Days of Thanks: Jesus Christ

Day 30
Jesus Christ (the Anointed)

How do I sum up my undying gratitude for what Jesus did for me (and for you) in one little blog? In a little more than a month the Christian community will be celebrating the 2009+ year anniversary of the birth of Jesus of Nazareth. This tiny babe, born of a virgin and raised by a poor carpenter, would soon prove to be exactly what we all needed- a Savior. He lived a perfect, sinless life. He was tempted in all areas. He taught, and loved, and cared for every one's needs. He died in my place so that I could be with him forever. He had the power to heal and transform lives then, and he has the same power today, and will have the same power tomorrow. He is Holy, Righteous, Just, Meek, Merciful, Humble, and Forgiving. He has been called Almighty (Revelation 19:15), Alpha and Omega (Revelation 21:6), Ancient of Days (Daniel 7:9), the Author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2), the Bread of Life (John 6:35), Eternal life (1 John 5:20), Glorious Lord (Isaiah 33:21), God, our Savior (1 Timothy 2:3), Great God (Titus 2:13), the great I AM (John 8:58), Lord God Almighty (Revelation 4:8), the Word (John 1:1), the Word of God (Revelation 19:13), and the Word of Life (1 John 1:1), just to name a few. He is the lover of my soul and is the source of my eternal salvation (Hebrews 5:9). Without him I would be lost not only in this world but for eternity. Without him I would have no hope. Without him I would have no life. Someday, I will get to thank him face-to-face. Someday, I will get to lay down my crown at his feet because I don't deserve it. For all the things that he has already done for me and all the things that are yet to come, I am eternally thankful!

No comments: