Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Unemployed Breakfast

I’ve been out of work for 7 days now. Super bored out of my mind. I’ve seen Alex for probably a total of 45 minutes combined. Our conversations have been made up of guttural sounds and whale calls. So basically, nothing significant. The house can’t get any cleaner than it already is. Well, maybe a little cleaner but I have to give myself something to do next week. I woke up today at 7 am. I’m not sure what I did for an hour but around 8 I decided to make breakfast. Pancakes from scratch, cheap-o bacon, and Simply® Orange Juice. I added apple butter to the pancakes this time but I’m not happy with how they turned out. The flavor wasn’t appley enough. 

Anyway, I ate breakfast alone, did all the dishes, and then woke up Alex. As soon as I said breakfast he was wide awake. I sat next to him while he ate telling him about the hilarious parenting horror stories I’ve been reading on one of my favorite sites (crappypictures.com) and when he was done he laid down on the couch. Leaving his plates behind. No problem dear, I know you’re the breadwinner so please let me pick up after you. Eating breakfast is so exhausting, or maybe it was the fact that he stayed up until 4 am watching something on YouTube. Anyway, I tried to get some adult conversation out of him... “Tell me about Whats-His-Face at workl? When do you think you’ll be home tonight? That’s great you have 2 days off! What do you want to do?” I got about 10 minutes of conversation out of him before he dozed off to sleep. Awesome. 

I hate being unemployed. How am I ever going to be a stay-at-home mom?

No comments: