Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

60 Days To Go, Give or Take

Today I am 60 days away from my original due date. I have roughly 60 days until I find out if we'll be bringing home a little boy or girl.



We've had the names picked out since maybe the moment we found out. I'm not sure if I want to officially reveal what they are yet. All I will say at this point is that they are a) not unusual, b) can be found in our family history one way or another, c) and are in no way named after their grandparents.

So far I've only gained 12 pounds. I've done a little bit of math and determined that if 2 of the 12 pounds is boob that leaves me with 10 pounds. Minus 3 pounds for the baby. Minus 3 pounds of fluid and 4 pounds of uterus, that means at this point I may just walk out of the hospital weighing the same or less than before I got pregnant. I know, but a girl can day-dream right.

Weeks ago I finished the baby's room. The paint job took me longer than any project I have ever undertaken in my life. 18 hours of taping and painting to be exact. I'm hoping the story goes something like this: it took me longer to paint your room than it did for me to have you. Fingers crossed. Here are some pictures of the almost final product.




My Mother-in-Law, Boba, bought us this lovely crib and dresser set complete with the mattress. My mother crocheted us the blanket and sent the stuffed animals. I have also received another beautiful baby blanket from my step-mother, Linda, but that's not in this particular picture.


My mom sent us this rocking chair as a present. The wood looks a little dark but in person it matches very well. My sister, Em, made the little fleece pillow and blanket.



I really like these curtains. It has these giant fireworks-like pattern embroidered down the panels.


I included this picture to show off my talent for painting stripes. The secret is in the taping. You have to become best friends with a laser level to get results like this. Also, being able to do math is an added bonus. 

I say "almost finished project" because there are two or three things I still want to add to the room, paint wise. I'm hoping my friend Selene will be able to come over this weekend and draw and paint in a large tree in the corner. From the tree branches I plan on hanging some picture frames that will have the baby's initials. And maybe a cute blue and pink bird or two. And then the painting will be done. At this point, I'm good with it looking like this until college graduation. 

60 days doesnt' seem like to far away. On the other hand, it feels like forever. Right now I'm okay with each day taking it's time. It means I don't have to deal with the other scary thing that comes after- being a parent. There's no count down to when that ends. It will be nice to finally see the little creature that has been doing full body flips for the last couple of months. That and giving it a name. :)

No comments: