Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Dear ________,

You were right. Two years went by faster then I ever imagined. I don't miss him like I thought I would. Only when I want to know the answers to questions like:
  • Why are the flowers on the tomato plants falling off?
  • Should we wrap the A/C unit in the winter?
  • How do I make Ham-a-la-King again?
  • Where do I find that verse in the Bible that says...
  • Or So-and-so is driving me crazy again! What do I say to him?
Fall came early this year. The wild turkey's that live in the hedge row by the house have been checking out the field making as much noise as a turkey possibly can. A month exactly to the day that he left, I saw a huge buck standing guard of the same hedge row. He stood and just watched me for a while before heading back to the creek. He was at least a 10 point buck.

Regardless of how much time has passed, I am never short on the number of reminders that he's gone. I miss you, Dad.

1 comment:

Jacob and Emily said...

Can you believe it has been two years!? Crazy. This last weekend was so busy for me I spaced the date. Shoot one of those turkeys - I was needing a turkey foot back scratcher the other day!