Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Animal Cruelty

I sometimes engage in animal cruelty by doing random experiments on the dog. Before, I put a backpack on David to see how he'd look and how he'd handle it. The other day I decided that he needed a hat to go with the 97 degree weather that feels like 107 with the 80% humidity. He's such a good sport! He played along nicely but was not in the least bit amused by my idea.



I have (sadly?) discovered a new dog treat for David. All I have to do is fill a bowl with ice cubes and he becomes the happiest pup alive. The down side is that he thinks that every time I open the freezer its specifically for his enjoyment. He'd also rather drink his water out of the spicket out side then out of his water bowl.


It's way to hot outside to take our normal daily walks. We usually go around 7 PM but I'm working at night so David has to wait until I get home to go on a walk. In the mean time, I've been watching tons of movies. This is Davey's usual position during the day. He's either watching birds out the back door or watching people out the front window. I'm not sure why he likes to be on top of the couch cushions like this but the Great Dane I had as a child liked to do the same thing.


Life is so tough.

2 comments:

CB said...

He is soo cute! And i too engage in random acts of "cruelty." A couple days ago, I was making my dog get in the wagon so I could pull him around the backyard....he was not amused. The girls were. :)

Mandy and Alex said...

That's hilarious! That's just the laugh I needed today!