Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, March 9, 2009

Miracles Do Happen

It's been a while since I've even had a moment to post anything new, but now that the busy season at work is coming to a close and mid-terms are this week (yeah, I'm back in school), I think I might actually have a chance to post some of the new things that we've been doing.

My brother, Tommy, is in town on a short visit and will be leaving on Thursday for Alabama. He brought his dogs, which are staying outside in the garage in their kennels. Alex disappeared for a good 20 minutes while we were watching an episode of Mad Men and this is where I found him...


Doesn't look like much right? This is HUGE! He swears up and down that 1) dogs are worthless, smelly, stinky, messy, foul animals that serve no purpose on the planet, 2) that it would be impossible for him to ever care for a pet, and more importantly 3) that he "allergic" to them. But what do we find here? Not only was he spending time with them, but he was talking to them, petting them, constantly wanted to give them a bath, and even walked them a few times and set them out in the yard on their leash. By the way, he's not even remotely allergic to dogs.  Oh, I'm definitely getting a puppy now.

Then, there is this...



That's right. It's my brother sleeping. More importantly, it's him sleeping in a BED! My gypsy-brother is infamous for crashing on the couch- permanently-and will sleep for 14 hours straight if you let him. With the exception of one night, because he won a bet, he has been nice enough to have slept in the guest room. 3 more nights to go! It just might be a record. :)

4 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

LOL gonna get yourself a puppy huh? Looks like your husband is gonna have to eat his words! Look at him all playing with the dogs. :) so funny!

CB said...

Oh Mandy..please tell Tom hello for me. And give him a hug and tell him beds are good. What kinds of dogs does he have?

Mandy and Alex said...

Tom adopted my dad's two male Brittany dogs. One is red and the other one is black and white. Valiant (the red one) is really hyper and Arthur (the black and white one) is really calm and well behaved.

He'll be glad to hear from you! I hope your eye is healing quickly!

Jacob and Emily said...

Holy Cow!! You have proof he's in a bed and ASLEEP! He used to say, "I just can't sleep in the bed!"