Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Last Day of Work

The very next day, the boys started to finish the garage. This is the only decent photo I have of the process because it was 20 degrees outside. They put up all the dry wall but it took all day because it was just so darn cold outside.


While the boys were taking turns screwing in the drywall panels, I was inside in the guest bathroom installing some hardware. The most difficult part was the measuring, which isn't difficult at all, but it does take a little math and some patience.


Maybe 10 minutes later I had all the holes drilled and the knobs on and tightened. The panels look a little pink but really the entire cabinet is creamy white, and the knobs are brushed nickel even though here they kind of look bronze.

That pretty much sums up all the home improvement projects that we did while Tommy was in town. Alex is in the process of finishing up the rest of the garage, but I'll have pictures of that later. I'm glad that Tommy was able to help us out because it saved us on tons of time and the cost of having to hire someone else to do it. Plus, it was nice having him around for a while.

2 comments:

Jacob and Emily said...

You didn't insulate it?! Hahah just kiding! I can see the gap between the door and the ground. What would be the point of insulating it with a gap like that? To keep the cold air in? Anyway, show some after pictures of the garage too. Are you painting it white?

Mandy and Alex said...

I'll post pictures of the garage when he's done mudding and taping and sanding and painting. I'm guessing he'll paint it white but then I've never asked. I've never seen a garage painted a different color but it would be kind of neat to see one painted like a favorite football team or something. Guys might like that.