Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, August 1, 2011

June & July Movies

June and July were slower than average movie months for us. We watched a ton of Blockbuster/Redbox movies but only made it out to the theaters 4 times.

Transformers 3


This was the very first IMAX 3D movie that we have ever seen. It was really incredible. It's hard to believe that almost the entire movie is CG. It's also a huge plus that our IMAX theater is super brand new complete with faux leather seats. I guess it's the largest one in the states. I liked the movie better than the second one but not as much as the first. At the end of the movie, you'll be asking yourself the same question you did at the end of the last one: How in world did Carley (and Mikaela) keep their clothes so incredibly white during all that high-impact action?


Harry Potter 7.2


Yes, Severus, for you it did all end. I loved it nonetheless. I cried. I laughed. I was so sad to see it finally come to an end. I talked about it for a good 3 days straight at work (but that's probably because 90% of the staff is 18 and Harry has been their life). It's a good thing I have all the books and the DVD's so I can read/watch it again and again until my brain has turned to mush. 


Captain America


This was an Alex pick and since I dragged him to see Harry the week before it only seemed proper to accompany him. Really, I'm not all that interested in the comic book movies but it was still pretty decent. It was really neat to see how Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America were all tied together. Chris Evans has a super amazing body. Wait until all the credits have passed because there is an extra clip at the very end.


Horrible Bosses


Super funny. Not at all appropriate for individuals under the age of 18. The profanity is off the charts but not in the F U kind of way. I really enjoyed watching Jennifer Aniston play a bad girl. My favorite character was probably Dale. The bad guys all get theirs in the end.

2 comments:

CB said...

Okay, so yes, I did love the last Harry movie...BUT did you feel like you gogt more of the feelings while reading the book? I felt like the movie just glossed over the deaths of the major characters (other than Severus). The friends we went with said the same thing. I am so BUMMED that Harry is over. :( I have loved the comic book movies and am pretty excited to see Captain America. We'll probably be waiting for that one to come out on Redbox though. :)

Mandy and Alex said...

I totally agree with you on the HP thing. I wept like a small child when Fred died. And through the entire chapter of Severus's memory. And I was REALLY looking forward to Harry revealing to Voldemort that Severus was a double agent. I also thought that the fight between Bellatrix and Mrs. Weasley was so much better in the book and kind of seemed haphazard in the movie. It was a good movie but I had a more powerful connection to the characters in the book than I did in the movies.