Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Movies

Monday is our "Movie Day" and has been so since the semester ended. Some movies I really want to see, other's I just tag along. If you asked Alex he'd say the same thing.

Iron Man 2 was one of those tag-along ones for me. It was just okay. I wanted a little more action, a little more Iron Man suit stuff and less Robert Downey, Jr. rambling conversation stuff. To me- it wasn't worth the price paid at the movie theater at full price. Save yourself some dough and rent it or Redbox it.


I really, really liked Robin Hood. I liked how it seemed more real, and authentic with all the mud and stone castles, and unbathed people. The story was good and the action was pretty decent.


Prince of Persia was pretty good too. I'm always amazed at how far we have come when it comes to computer-generated creatures. Each movie gets better and better. I'm still not sure why Persians would have English accents, but whatever. I liked the story and I thought the ending was pretty good. It was worth seeing it for matinee price.


I really liked the A-Team too. Bradley Cooper is soooo cute! I think whoever did the casting did a wonderful job. I wouldn't mind seeing an A-Team 2 in the future. It had good action and a pretty decent story.


So the new Karate Kid is just like the old Karate Kid except instead of having a Japanese Sensei for a teacher, he had a Kung Fu Master and instead of being in California they're in China and instead of having a Karate kid you have a Kung Fu kid but the plot is exactly the same without some of the cheesy 80s background music. I was very impressed by little Jaden Smith's muscles but not in the same way I am impressed with Taylor Lautner's. Yum... Taylor Lautner- but that is for another day. Oh, and yes- I did cry during the movie as I had predicted in a previous post.


I LOVED Toy Story 3! Whoever professes that it is not a good movie should never be consulted ever again on what is. Yeah, I cried a tad at the end like I do with all Pixar movies. Bravo to Pixar for writing a brilliant trilogy! They did an amazing job wrapping it up.

So what I noticed about all these movies is that not only were they entertaining and well written but that they lacked sexual content, which would not have been appropriate at all in the last 2 movies but the first 4 could have slipped it in there some way but they didn't. And surprise, surprise- the movies still sold and the masses have been entertained. Imagine that.

1 comment:

jackieonelson said...

Thank you Mandy for your sweet message. I am so so sorry to hear you guys also lost your father. Sad stuff. you are right, there are no words. Thank you again. Love&prayers, Starlyn