Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 27, 2009

Good News!

We've been settling in nicely now that we're back home in Kansas. I have some great news... starting on August 3, Alex will be working at the


as one of the newest Food & Beverage Managers. I'm really proud of him and this is something that he has wanted to do for a long time. It's a little difficult to break into Golf Course Management without knowing someone and his interview process has taken almost 3 months. You'd think he was applying for the FBI or something. This is one of the most exclusive Country Clubs in the area and not just anyone can join, you must be invited. It opened in "1900, and is the longest running private club in the state of Kansas, and to this day, continues to be the premier social and athletic facility in Wichita." Or at least that's what their web page says.

Also, I'm a soooo excited because on November 4 we're going to go see


for our 3rd anniversary! I really enjoyed this book and have been waiting forever for the chance to be in a city near enough to go see it. When I lived in Vegas I heard it was playing somewhere in California but it was already sold out. Imagine my excitement when I saw the full-page ad in the Wichita Eagle that it's coming from October 21- November 8! I plastered the refrigerator door with the ad so that Alex couldn't possibly miss the hint. Then just today, I got an email from Newman University saying that Newman students get priority pre-sale tickets! Yippee! I was so bummed at the beginning of the summer when we decided to go to Chicago because that meant I would miss the entire season of the Wichita Music Theater (Broadway actively recruits from this music theater department-they are that good) but this more than makes up for it!

Anything new with you?

No comments: