Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, May 8, 2009

A Special Treat

I got the CUTEST Mother's Day card from Davey yesterday (a big "Thank You" to whomever lives in Vegas and sent me this one)! So in the spirit of Mother's Day, I decided to post some pictures of our little guy who honestly seems to be growing an inch or so a day.

My "Mother's Day" card

Cuddle-time after a long day of work & school.

He does very well walking me.

A day is not complete without some wrestling with the original Alpha Male.


And a day is not complete without some Puppy Love.

Check out how big he is already, and he's only 8 weeks old!


Yeah, he's so spoiled! This is how I put him to sleep almost every night.

5 comments:

Tommy Harris said...

This is the face of jealousy... I had planned on a big dog when I lived with Emmy before dad died. Now I have two dogs that have a 7 to 10 year shelf life before I can renew!

Mandy and Alex said...

My dog too, has an 8-10 year shelf life but unfortunately, I think this will be my last pet.

CB said...

He is too cute for words!! Happy Mother's Day! :)

Jaden and Stacy said...

What a cute little puppy. I hope you have a happy mothers day. I am so excited that i get to celebrate it this year. Happy mothers day to you!

Mama Harris said...

The pictures are adorable! And Alex is kind of cute too! haha...
It's so nice to come home to a house filled with unconditional love!
I was thinking of all of the dogs and cats that we have had and came up with just a few dog breeds....Collies, mutt, Great Dane, Brittany Spaniels, Bassett Hounds, and now for myself...on the other end of the size spectrum,...Chihuahua and Shitzu...

I'm not sure that I could ever say that these are my last dogs. As we get older we start thinking of things like...will the dogs outlive me and who will take care of them? I know that dad never dreamed that Tommy would be caring for his dogs and we had always talked about how long dogs live vs. how long we might live. It's one of those things that we really don't consider when we are in our senior years.

I remember how upset I was when my dad told me that this was his last new car. I looked at him and said, "What??" He said, well...I am retired and who is going to finance a car for someone who doesn't work and only has social security?"
I swallowed hard and it was from that moment on that I realized that there would come a time in my life when I would start thinking in terms of "lasts."

Last car...Last dog...last turtle...last parrot...last job...last home...(until the nursing home that is)..

It's a bit distressing to think of these things but they just seemed to sneak up on us when we were having so much fun living!