Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Exciting NEWS!

Well, it seems like EVERYONE out there is having a baby and so we thought that we would jump on the ban-wagon so-to-speak. For anyone out there that is a little concerned, I just want you to know that we've thought long and hard about this decision. Here is what we've come up with:

1. We married (And thus it only seems natural.)
2. We're old enough. (I think that early 30's would easily put us in the "mature" department.)
3. We're secure. (We have a house, a paid-for car, our bills are easily paid on time, we are gainfully employed.)
4. We considered the cost. (Money, time, energy, social disruption/acceptance.)
5. We've prayed about it. (What good is it if it's out of God's will?)
6. Everyone else seems to be doing it. (Yeah, not so strong of an argument, I know, but that's why it's last.)

So, with that said, I would like to introduce you to our newest member of the family:


David Pavlovich


We'll be calling him "Davey" for short. Once upon a time, when my mom was my age (yikes!), we all piled into a car to drive somewhere. Before we (us kids, that is) knew it we were driving down a dirt driveway that had several large signs that said "No Trespassing" and "We have Guns" (well maybe not, but the signs I could read we're just as scary in my 7 year old mind).  I expressed my concern. Mom said "Don't worry." Sure thing mom...didn't you just read the sign??!! Anyway, we got out of the car and were met by a big litter of Great Dane puppies! Mom picked out one and we were on our way back home. In the car, she asked us what we should name our new little puppy. "Rocket!" shouts my brother Tommy. He named everything "Rocket". "Black Tulip!" shouts my 2 year old sister. What? Um, no. I conveniently can't remember my suggestion, and I'm sure it was equally silly, but it didn't matter anyway because Mom named our newest bolt of lighting, "Goliette" (a feminine version of Goliath from the Bible). Golly was by far our best dog ever or at least our favorite and in honor of such a great dog, we have named our new little boy David.

I expect that I'll be getting some hate-mail from this post for such beginning trickery. :)

6 comments:

Jacob and Emily said...

He's SO CUTE! I want to squeeze him! Just tell me this . . . does he still have puppy breath? Oh I want to snuggle with him. Oh and by the way, Black Tulip would have been just as amazing! If I would have remembered that Sage would have been a Black Tulip! hahah just kidding!

Mama Harris said...

OH Wow!!! He is just the cutest "little" thing (for the next 10 minutes)!! Soon the word "little" won't apply!
I am so happy for both you and Alex. And I think the name is pretty cool too.
Years ago on television there was a Claymation sort of cartoon that I would get up very early in the morning to watch. The characters were Davey and Goliath and they were Christian in nature, much like Veggie Tales.
Goliette was a good dog. It was fun to watch the three of you pull the dog closer to the television or the fireplace and all lay on her belly as she laid on the floor. What a great head rest she made!
I am certain that you and Alex will have many long years of love with Davey and he will bring you tons of joy!!
Welcome Davey!
Love
Grandma

Tommy Harris said...

I thought if you got a Dane, you were going to use moms other idea... Kitty Kitty?! Hey isn't Alex allergic? Yeah, that's what I thought!

Mandy and Alex said...

No, Alex is not allergic just as I have been arguing this whole time. We considered Bo (short for Behemoth), Ivan, Vladimir, Zeus, Apollo, Thor, and Duke but Kitty just didn't fit this little guy.

Yes, he still has wonderful puppy breath but I'm not sure how long it will last. He's 6 weeks old and naps a lot. He's a big snuggler!

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

aww! I had a feeling you were talking about a dog. LOL Looks like your husband got worn down huh? CUTE dog!

CB said...

Mandy, he is the absolute cutest thing I have ever laid eyes on!! I was picking the munchkins up from school last week and there was a truck parked right behind me with a full grown Dane in the bed...his head was well above the cab of the truck. I even walked around the truck to see if he was standing on something...nope...just his own 4 feet. They are truly impressive dogs. I look forward to more posts and pics of this cute guy. Congrats!! :)