Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today Grace turned 7 months old. Sometimes it's hard to believe that a mere 7 months ago she could hardly hold up her head and talked in her sleep.


She's happy most of the time. Unless she hungry. Or bored. Or tired. Or bored.


Who's #1?!


I love her little laugh and that she has to curl her toes when she's sitting up.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving for all my American friends and family. This year we're preparing a proper Thanksgiving feast. I found a recipe for brined turkey and decided to try it out to see if it makes a difference. Also, I've always stuffed the turkey with a bread stuffing but this year I'm going to stuff it with aromatics (apple, onion, cinnamon stick, fresh thyme, sage, and rosemary). I'm also making green bean casserole, broccoli casserole, mashed sweet potatoes, cornbread stuffing, cranberry sauce, turkey gravy, pumpkin bread pudding, and apple pie. I have it all timed out so that everything will be ready at the same time. I'm hoping it works. I made the desserts today and I've already baked the sweet potatoes and the casseroles are ready for the last minute touches before they go into the oven after the turkey comes out. I'm way ahead of the curve this year and I'm hoping it pays off.

Thanksgiving isn't just about the food. A few years ago I posted the 30 things that I was thankful for. Although I'm still thankful for every thing on that old list, some of them now seem a little superficial. Maybe I was trying to be creative and fill the space. Or maybe I truly meant it. Maybe both. It was easy to list the materialistic things when I thought that a family was never going to be in my near future. God has changed all that, of course, when he gave me his free gift-Grace. This Thanksgiving that word has two meanings now. The first, is his grace that I have been forgiven. Completely. And can now stand in his presence without fear and give glory to his name. The second, is my daughter. She is an unbelievably beautiful surprise that has allowed hope and healing to fill my heart once again.

May you have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just came across your blog while browsing over blogger...
i must say u have a lovely daughter...
couldn't resist leaving a comment...
may god bless ur beautiful little family...
i'll keep coming back to see her grow..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.