Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chocolate Wasted

Alex and I went to Harry Potter 7.2 yesterday at the new IMAX theater down the street from our home. I was a little leery about seeing it in super 3D. I'm not totally convinced yet that every 3D movie is worth seeing in 3D. Several co-workers insisted that not only must I see it in 3D but also on an immensely humongous IMAX screen. Let me say, that it was well worth it. There will be no spoilers from me this time. I will only say that I laughed a few times, cried a little more, and was blown away by the 3D effects.

After the movie we headed off to dinner and then home for some dessert. Our desserts are always changing. Sometimes we have lemon and grape granita. I'll probably be making some watermelon granita this week. Sometimes its strawberry shortcake or mousse or a half dozen other things that might strike our fancy. Last night we had a deep desire to get "wasted" on chocolate.

It's pretty simple to do. First, you make a batch of fresh chocolate brownies. Let them rest for maybe 5 minutes. You'll want them nice and hot. Then you scoop out big scoop of chocolate ice cream. We choose Bryer's this time, but there are some nice fancy, rich chocolate ice creams that are just as wonderful. Then, you top off the ice cream with some chocolate covered pretzels and Hershey's chocolate syrup. It's a wonderful chocolaty gooey crunchy divine treat. So divine that I ate some more for breakfast this morning. There has got to be some perks for being an adult, right?

Well, here it is. "Chocolate Wasted". Heavenly for dessert. Glorious for breakfast.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CB said...

That is definitely my kind of breakfast!!! Looks sooo yummy!! And we are off to see HP7.2 tonight. cannot wait!! :)

Jacob and Emily said...

Ok so we saw it at the IMAX in 3D too. I wasn't impressed as far as the quality. I had to sit and look straight on at the movie! If you tilt your head it got all blurry! You know me I want to get all comfy to sleep! Still a good movie with a good ending. It actually made me wanting more! I want to read about their kids now!

That dessert look amazing! I'm going to rip it off for Jake's birthday dessert. He loves chocolate.