Our journey

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

May Movies

With classes officially over, Alex and I have begun a new summer season of going to the movies every Monday night. On May 5th, we started with the 5th installation of the Fast and the Furious. So far I think it's the best one. It was entertaining, funny, had good action, and a pretty decent plot. Even though its the 5th one, it's actually the 4th part to the story. Hang out past the initial credits because there is a sneak peak/extra footage.



Next, on May 9th, was Alex's pick. I'm truly indifferent about Thor. I had no desire to see it to begin with. It was an okay movie. If you really, really want to see it, wait for it to be released at Blockbuster or Redbox. It's not that it was bad, but I'm glad I only paid matinee price to watch it.




On May 16th, I got to pick. I like vampire movies that have a slightly different take on the usual. Like Daybreakers instead of Interview With a Vampire. Anyway, I'm not sure this particular movie will do so well in Wichita since it has such a huge Catholic population. I can't imagine anyone truly watching this movie and saying, 'Yep, that's how it is in the church.' But it does have a controversial tone- like for instance the Priests are trained vampire killers who happen to be celibate. It was a decent intro movie but I'm not sure they'll make another one.



On May 23rd, for Alex's 37th birthday, he wanted to go have lunch at the Carriage Crossing in Yoder, Kansas and then go see Pirates 4. We woke up, ate breakfast, took Davey to Swanson Park (a wonderful park by the way) for a long walk, came home, bathed, got in the car and drove a half hour to Yoder. Yoder is the closest Amish community to Wichita. It was started in the late 1800s and currently has less residents then when it began but more businesses than ever. Go figure. Anyway, Carriage Crossing is run by some Amish folk and has really great food and amazing pies and cinnamon rolls. It was well worth the drive. Then we headed back to Wichita to catch the 5 pm showing of Pirates. I liked the movie. It was completely different from the last 3. I really liked the mermaids, probably because when I was 6 or 7 years old I really wanted to be one, but mostly because they weren't very nice. I'm not sure if there will be a 5th movie. I'm completely okay with them stopping at 4. Hang out to the end of the credits. There's another sneak peak for you.



We missed seeing a movie on May 30th because we both had to work, but no worries- we have the rest of the summer to make up for it!

1 comment:

CB said...

Movie nights are the best!! We went last friday and saw Kung Fu Panda
2. :) You can tell who picks the movies around here....:) saydi did tell me she much prefers watching movies at home sprawled on the sofa in her pj's. :)